Remote Full Time
Sr. Software Engineer
Karlsgate is looking for an experienced technologist, problem solver, and innovator who is searching for an exciting, high-growth, and fast-paced environment.
Karlsgate is a client-centric and product-first organization, where innovative design comes before positioning and politics. We believe that truly great organizations deliver transformational solutions by operating with client service at the forefront of everything they do and fostering a culture of collaborative problem solving and solution development.
We built Karlsgate to deliver on our mission to provide privacy-preserving methods of working with consumer data that do not expose personal identity yet enable businesses to gain the insights that are so valuable to driving client-centric solutions for their customers. Our product portfolio includes revolutionary, advanced cryptography, poised to repair the mess caused by unwanted trafficking of consumer personal data.
Karlsgate is excited to build out our team of innovative problem solvers to deliver on this mission. We are backed by funding from M12 (Microsoft’s Venture Fund) and Motley Fool Ventures and are ready to grow our organization. If you have a service mentality, a passion for problem-solving, are eager to learn, and love working in a collaborative environment, we hope you consider joining our team.
Karlsgate is looking for an experienced and motivated Microsoft stack technologist to join our team to add innovation and lead engineering capabilities to design and build greenfield solutions using best practices. You are interested in assuming intellectual ownership of Karlsgate cloud technology components. Like us, you are a high performer who is an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to drive your and our success. You know that this success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that victories are always sweeter when the whole team wins together.
- Assume intellectual ownership of 1+ platform components
- Perform R&D with .NET and Azure technologies
- Design, develop, & test platform components using designated tools
- Collaborate with colleagues (mostly US)
- Interface with & support global clients
TechnologiesThe Karlsgate Engineering team utilizes the following technologies, expertise with some is required (*):
- C# / .NET (7 or 6)*
- Console App (linux-x64, osx-x64, win-x64)*
- ASP.NET Core Web App / API*
- Entity Framework Core / Dapper (ORMs)*
- JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- GitHub Actions for workflows
- Linux packages (deb, rpm)
- Containers (Docker, Azure Container Registry)*
- Azure Web App (Linux)*
- Azure Batch
- Azure SQL Database / Cosmos DB
- Azure Storage Accounts
- Azure Functions
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates
- AWS CloudFormation templates
- Google Cloud deployment templates
Experience with encryption technologies, building and maintaining code libraries (NuGet packages), or working in a Linux (WSL 2) environment is a plus.
ToolsThe Karlsgate Engineering team employs the following tools (most commonly):
- Visual Studio, including Visual Studio Code
- GitHub Desktop / GitHub site (issues)
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Azure Batch Explorer / Storage Explorer
- Docker Desktop
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL 2)
- Microsoft 365 (Office applications suite & Teams with video)
- Client-based conferencing tools, like Zoom
- 5+ years’ experience in a software engineering role with a successful track record in application design, development, and deployment
- A proven track record and demonstrated success in delivering functional, highly-automated cloud solutions
- Ability to persuade, lead, and confidently handle and resolve internal/external client needs and expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A client-centric focus and are obsessive about exceeding customer expectations
- A data-driven decision mentality and strong analytical thinking
- A passion for solving customer problems
- Strong work ethic with a desire to exceed targets
- Relentless drive and strong ability to multi-task
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team, in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Superior professional presence and business acumen
- Excellent active listening, communication, and presentation skills
As an organization, Karlsgate seeks out and embraces differing points of view as we know that it helps stimulate creative innovation. We have built our company on trust and innovation, and Karlsgate is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables us to continue to foster an environment of revolutionary transformation. As such, Karlsgate is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
How can I apply?
If you're interested in this position, we want to hear from you! Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.